Monthly Rewind: April

Friday, May 1, 2015


Monthly Rewind is a monthly blog feature that looks back on each month, including a bit about each month from me, blog posts, books I've read over the month, and my five monthly favorites.

April was a pretty stressful month. It was 80 percent sickness and injury and 20 percent senior portfolio work and computer dying for a bit. There were some good times hanging out with my friends and watching movies and going on little adventures to the beach, but it was a rocky month. My graduation is so close that I am actually starting to get excited about it! I have a lot to do but it is getting close! Also I saw Age of Ultron last night, and as a Black Widow fan, I am feeling a bit conflicted, but as a Vision and Scarlet Witch fan, I am psyched. I'm going through a bit of a roller coaster of emotions about that right now. But on the bright side, starting off May with a fun trip the the Ashland Shakespeare Festival this weekend with my class!



Books read this month: 5
The Art of Being Normal, A Magic Dark and Bright, Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda, Angelfall, World After
Book reviews: 3
Favorite book of the month: Angelfall and World After! I read them both back to back so they are essentially one book to me right now. I'm obsessed, and it's a problem. I need End of Days to get here stat.


TV: Daredevil
Daredevil was released this month, and I have been obsessed. Like full scale obsession. I watched it the day it was released on Netflix and because I was sick that week, I watched it again. Twice in one week! Damn it is just so good. I am a pretty big Marvel fan, and I have to say that this is my favorite TV or movie they have brought out, which is saying a lot if you knew how many times I've watched Winter Soldier. I have never really been a fan of the character Daredevil before. He just never interested me in the comics and the movie was just eh. So for me to fall so deeply in love this show is saying A LOT. I really can't begin to say everything I love about the show, but I really think that Matt and Foggy's relationship and the way the show dealt with the villain Wilson Fisk was phenomenal. Plus Charlie Cox is simultaneously the hottest and most adorable creature in existence. See what I mean when I say I'm obsessed, guys? Even if you don't like comics, just wow do yourself a favor and watch this show. You will not regret it.

Food: Olives
Thinking back at food I made this month, somehow I managed to put olives in everything. Tacos, polenta, pasta, salads, omelets, it all had olives in it! I even grabbed pizza before the movies last night with my friend and bought the Olive Special. Yeah, I might have an olive problem. At this point, I may even turn into an olive.

Beauty/ Fashion: Essence Longlasting Lipstick in 04 On The Catwalk
I am not really a bright lipstick person. If I ever wear lipstick, it tends to be in almost exactly the same shade of dark berry red. (Seriously, I have like six lipsticks in slight variations of that same shade. It's a bit ridiculous.) So I decided to branch out and get a new color that was out of my comfort zone, and I am glad I did. The color looks a lot brighter on than it looks on the bullet, but I actually really like that and I have been wearing it a bunch toward the end of this month. Very springy!

Music:  Chill Music
I am usually a fan of music that is more upbeat. Pop punk, ska, alternative, stuff like that. Something that is toe tapping or head bobbing. But this month I have been craving calm-ish indie music. Just have been enjoying mellow happy music. Lots of Elliot Smith, Hozier, and Cloud Cult. 

Person/Thing: Essie Button
So as part of my morning routine, I like to watch a youtube video or two to wake me up. They are usually happy and excited, and it just gets me happy and ready for the day too. And my favorite to watch at the moment is Essie Button. She is a beauty and lifestyle youtuber, and I really like her vlogs too. She's just so much fun and inspiring but also seems real, and I seriously want to hair to be like hers. Plus her dog Reggie is so sweet. If you haven't seen her videos, I would go check them out.



The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
Ever since I heard about this book, I have so excited to read it! I am about to start it right now and I just can't wait!


An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Soooooo here's the story with this book. I got an eARC from FirstToRead but was busy with other books before I could read it. So I finally started reading it and was loving it, but during a really intense moment, I flipped the page and my heart stopped. It EXPIRED. It was the worst. Always a reminder to check expiration dates. But now I have the glorious book again and I finally get to finish it!

Material Girls by Elaine Dimopoulos
This book just seems like such an interesting concept. "Project Runway meets Divergent?" It seems like such an interesting twist, especially with a lot of books like the Hunger Games and Red Queen contain little makeover moments. I am curious about how it turns out.


Cleo by Lucy Coats
I've always found historical Cleopatra to be one of the most fascinating female leaders, and history and media tends to paint her in many different ways. I am excited to see how this young adult novel portrays her and retells her life. Plus that cover!


End of Days by Susan Ee
I just finished the first two books in the Penryn and the End of Days trilogy, and I am so excited for this last one! I am loving Penryn and Raffe, and I need more! Bring on that May 12.


How was April for you all? Any favorite you want to share? Any of these book one your TBR list for this month?

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment