Stacking the Shelves #1

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Stacking the Shelves is a book haul meme by Tynga's Reviews that showcases books you have bought, borrowed, or received for review.

Hey guys, here is the first post of Stacking the Shelves on my blog. Actually been doing a lot of first posts this week. Woo making an effort at semi-consistency! Last weekend I went on a field trip with my Shakespeare class to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. The plays were fantastic but the most fun was being able to hang out with my English major friends. We went shopping, walked around town, went to bars, ate good food, talked a lot on the bus ride. It was a blast. This week was dead week (the week before finals), and I spent a lot of time researching for a final paper and finishing stuff up for work. Also I have been trying to squeeze in some last good times my friends before I graduate next week. Even though I am pretty psyched about the next phase of my life, I am going to miss my friends here. Well, enough sentiment! Bring on the books from the last two weeks!


A History of Glitter and Blood by Hannah Moskowitz

Alive by Scott Sigler

Inherit the Stars by Tessa Elwood

The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker

Everything, Everthing by Nicola Yoon

Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George


An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir and Across the Universe by Beth Revis

On May 2nd, it was the Free Comic Book Day! Yet sadly, I wasn't able to make it to the comic book shop because I had a crazy day of work and then going on a field trip to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. So I was pretty bummed about that because who doesn't love free comics. But luckily while I was in Ashland the next day, I stumbled on a comic shop and got some free comics that they still had leftover! And I may have grabbed a few more non-free ones too...

All-New All Different Avengers, Secret Wars #0, Divergence #1

All-New Hawkeye #1 Variant (This variant is so cute!), Young Avengers #6Ms Marvel #7Ms Marvel #13 Variant (Drawn by Noelle Stevenson who I am a huge fan of!)


The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh


Excited for or read any of these books? What books have you gotten this week?

Leave a Comment

  1. Ooh, good haul. And I love the variant covers done by Skottie Young -- that Hawkeye one is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah his art is amazing! So adorable but simultaneously so epic! I have a print of one his baby avengers drawings but I still need to frame it...

      Delete
  2. The Variant Covers are awesome. I hope you love all your amazing books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very awesome. The drawing and coloring is all A+. Thanks I do love them!

      Delete
  3. Great haul this week! I love the photos you took. An Ember in the Ashes sounds so amazing, same with Everything Everything. I hope you enjoy all of your books! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, i hadnt seen the cover for Inherit the Stars yet! I hope you're enjoying Wrath and the Dawn..Im hoping to read that one next!

    ReplyDelete