Stuff and Things: A Week of Unfortunate Events

Sunday, January 25, 2015


This week has been...rough? Not exactly bad, but just sort of annoying. It started off with me getting second degree burns from spilling soup all down my lap. I definitely would call that not the best start to a week. Then the week just continued on like that: cutting my finger pretty bad while chopping vegetables, plugs in the living room stop working, gas heater started to smell funny and I called the fire department to come check it out at one in the morning... By Thursday, I was convinced I had wronged some fairytale witch who decided to curse me.

But today as I was hiking with some friends, I couldn't help but notice that there was so much more good in my week than the little bad things. Hanging out with my friends, meeting new friends, reading books I love, starting to go to Zumba classes. Though it felt like little disasters just kept happening one after during the week, I was having too much fun with the things that made me feel good to remember!



Unfortunate things happen, and sometimes they happen one right after another. But they go away eventually, and good things take their place.


Leave a Comment

Post a Comment