Stuff and Things: When It Rains, It Pours

Wednesday, April 22, 2015


“He had noticed that events were cowards: they didn't occur singly, but instead they would run in packs and leap out at him all at once.”-Neil Gaiman

I didn't know that when I posted that quote a few weeks ago that it was going to come back to bite me. Because in these last few weeks a bunch of things have been hitting me all at once, just one after another.

So you may have noticed that I haven't posted in a while, and that is because I am super sick with the flu. Curled up on the couch, not moving out from under the blankets ever kind of sick. (Which is of course, when my landlord decided to install solar panels on my roof, so that there are loud guys with boots clomping around above my head. Such a soothing zen environment, right?) So while being sick is the worst, the thing that bugs me the most about being sick is that I can't really read. My brain is too fogged up, and I'm too tired to focus on anything. I read the same page for 15 minutes and then fall asleep or zone out. Spending all that time in bed would be perfect for working through my TBR pile, but I just can't do it. And writing? Yeah that's not going to happen. Forming coherent sentences is a little rough for me right now.

Then topping off all that, my computer decided to keel over. White screen of death. Which is bad because I have papers to do and my job is pretty much all computer. And I am pretty much live off my computer. Talk about a couple of bad days.

So in a nutshell: I haven't been posting because I have been sick and now I can't really post now because everything is on my computer. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, but until then I guess I will be on a bit of a break unless I can find a way to post and edit properly.

Hope you all have been having a better week!

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment