Monthly Rewind: June/ July

Monday, August 3, 2015


Monthly Rewind is a monthly blog feature that looks back on each month, including a bit about each month for me, blog posts, books I've read over the month, my five monthly favorites, and my monthly TBR list.

Long time no talk, lovelies. It's been quite a few busy months. I have read quite a bit but blogged barely any. Lots to working on VISA and school stuff, helping my mom by proofreading her PhD paper,  and traveling to New Mexico and San Diego. Spent my third very tiring and fun week at SDCC! I came back with signed posters from The 100 and DC Legend's of Tomorrow, collectable Skottie Young Marvel pins and Daredevil shirt, and a 62 signed and free books. It's been busy but great!



Books read these two months: 11
June: The Material Girls, Nimona, Ink and Bone, The Memory Hit, Lois Lane: Fallout
July: Silver in the Blood, Golden Son (Red Rising Trilogy #2), Illuminae, Everything Everything, Armada, Blood and Salt
Book reviews: 3
Favorite book of the months: June: Nimona   July: Illuminae


TV: Sense8 and Avatar: The Last Airbender
Have you watched this masterpiece yet?! Sense8 is ah-maz-ing! It is a little slow and confusing to start because there are 8 main characters, but by the 3rd episode, I was hooked. I loved all of the characters especially Capheus, Nomi, Sun, and Lito (and Will, Riley, Wolfgang, and Kala. Damn it that's all of them...) I just love all of the representation in the show, and the way that all the characters are there for each other to listen to and comfort but also to protect and kickass. If you need something to watch, watch this!

This July I have been doing an Avatar: The Last Airbender rewatch (and somehow haven't watched any new episodes of my favorite show Teen Wolf, oops). I haven't watched the show in a while and I just turned it on one day and then I just couldn't stop! It is such a fun but complicated show that is just timeless. Plus I feel that Sokka and I are pretty much the same person.

Food: New Mexican Green Chile
Oh boy, it makes me hungry just thinking about it. I only get green chile maybe twice a year when I visit my grandma in New Mexico, and it is really rough because it is my favorite food EVER. It is pretty much just roasted and chopped green chiles, a little flour, a little meat, and water, and I can eat bowls of that gorgeous spicy food. I honestly wish that I didn't bring it up because now I can't eat it!

Beauty/ Fashion: La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid
Other than being a mouthful to say, this product is amazing. I am a super pale person, add that to the fact that I spend most of my time inside reading, and it all equals that I get sunburned very easily. For example, yesterday I went on a walk to the mailbox to mail a letter and back which was about 15 minutes of sun time without sunscreen, and I woke up with a little sunburn. Yeah, welcome to my life. So I always need a good sunscreen that goes with my sensitive skin. But I hate the thick sunscreen-smelling sunscreens! So this one is absolute perfection! It is super light and it doesn't have that gross smell. It doesn't feel like I am wearing anything and is super protecting for my skin. This has saved my skin!

Music: SDCC15 End of the Line playlist
Lines at every convention, especially SDCC, are epically long. Like time it takes to read War and Peace long. So for that, I decided to make playlist to keep me pumped up for the day's adventures. It features music that reminds me of different fandoms and lots of I Fight Dragons. Because you can't have a nerdy playlist without I Fight Dragons?!


Person/Thing: Noelle Stevenson
Guess who I got to meet at SDCC? That's right! The amazing talented Noelle Stevenson! In case you weren't aware, I have been a huge fan of her art and writing for a long long time. I have been following her blog Gingerhaze for years, I own a few of her prints (both Hipster Hobbits and Broship of the Rings), I adore and collect the comics she writes for, I have most of her variant covers that she has drawn (still need to snag the Runaways one!), and of course I have read Nimona online and in the book. Yeah, not obsessed at all. Completely midlevel fangirl right here. So this month I was lucky enough to meet her at Comic Con and get her to sign a Nimona book and a few Lumberjanes comics. I didn't make a total fool out of myself, thank goodness, and it was so great to meet her!




Actually this month's TBR is in my 3rd Annual ARC August post! I am so excited to be doing this challenge and try to read more of my ARCs!


How was June/July for you all? Any favorite that you want to share or have you read any of the books that I have read this month?

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment